Playabachata Resort FAQs
Weddings in Puerto Plata
At Senator Hotels & Resorts we know that your wedding is going to be the one of the most important days of your life, and we will be entirely at your disposal to celebrate it.
Documents required for a legal wedding in the Dominican Republic.
• Birth certificates of bride and groom.
• Notarized declaration of single status for the bride and groom.
• Copies of the bride's and groom's passports.
• Divorce decree (if applicable).
• Deed poll certificate (if name has been changed).
• Two witnesses (one each).
• Copies of all witnesses passports.
Divorce decree / Deed poll (name change) / Notarized declaration of single status. They must be translated into Spanish, apostilled and legalized by the Dominican Consulate in the country of origin.
The couple must have all required documentation duly legalized before arriving to the hotel.
The couple must arrive at the hotel at least 2 business days before the wedding.
- Where do I start?
You can contact our wedding team at email@example.com. Our dedicated "Love" team of professionals will make your wedding a dream come true.
- How many months in advance should I reserve my wedding date?
The Caribbean has become a popular wedding destination, and as a result an increasing number of couples are booking their wedding with us. So if you are planning to marry the love of your life, you should contact us at least 30 days in advance to check on availability.
- How can I reserve the date?
A $250 deposit is required to reserve the date. This will be made by credit card or bank transfer and will be deducted from your final invoice upon your arrival at the hotel.
- What is the cost or your wedding coordination services?
Our packages include personalized assistance from a specialist.
- What is the difference between symbolic, civil and religious ceremonies?
Symbolic ceremony: It is performed by a non-denominational minister. This kind of ceremony is usually chosen by people who are legally married in their country or are planning to marry after the ceremony. Documentation is not required.
Civil ceremony (legal): It is performed by a civil registry judge. The marriage certificate is valid worldwide and it needs to be apostilled to be recognized as legal in your home country. Please contact your wedding coordinator for more details.
- How many weddings can take place at the hotel on the same day?
We host a maximum of 2 weddings per day. That way we can give couples the attention they deserve on such an important day.
- Can one of the guests officiate the wedding?
Yes, of course. Please contact the wedding coordinator in advance and she will take care of the arrangements.
- How many days do I need to arrive in the Dominican Republic prior to the civil ceremony?
Bride, groom and witnesses must arrive at least 2 business days prior to the wedding date (excluding Saturday, Sunday, national holidays, arrival day and wedding day) to meet the wedding coordinator, provide all the required documentation and discuss the last details.
- What happens if it rains?
There is always an indoor backup venue available.
Your wedding coordinator will be constantly checking on the weather forecast to help you make the right decision.
- Why do I have to pay for the dinner if this is an All-Inclusive hotel?
Room rates include unlimited access to the specialty restaurants, the buffet-style restaurant and the bars during opening hours. However, private events require a venue, arrangements, a menu and additional staff, so they incur a surcharge.
- Can I bring my own wedding décor items?
Yes, you can. Please keep in mind that you should assign someone to set them up, since we work with external decorators and they will not be present unless hired.
- Are unused services refundable or subject to discount?
The packages were designed to provide the best value, so the amenities and services included are non refundable and cannot be exchanged by any product or service. We offer bespoke packages and we recommend starting with the most basic one—depending on the number of guests—and then adding additional services.
- Can I bring my own suppliers?
Yes, you can. Please contact the wedding coordinator in advance and she will let them know about the admission fee.